In today’s busy marketplace, going green can have more impact than ever before, and not just environmentally. As markets and niches are becoming more diluted with competition, going green can help small businesses stand out from the crowd. If you don’t have the capital or you aren’t the owner of the business – going green doesn’t necessarily have to be a costly investment.
As a start, consider making these easy-to-do changes:
– Replace light bulbs with energy efficient ones.
– If it’s comfortable outside and appropriate, let the wind be the air conditioner
– Choose to clean with greener products, as an alternative to harsh chemicals
– Re-claim furniture and fixtures, a little TLC can go a long way!
– Consider placing plants around the business, or making a “living wall”
– Use recycled material for bags and receipts and/or make them optional
– Buy energy efficient equipment
– Follow the rule of – turn it down, turn it off.
– Cut extra packaging out